The all-new Skype version 8 is said to have the latest features and functions which are being loved by the users across the globe. It includes many improvements which are requested on the part of the users. The latest improvements include the super-fast loading of the app and personalized experience. Along with this, you can interact with each other more effectively.
But with the launch of the latest version of Skype, some users are facing issues while getting started on it to use these functions. To use it, you first have to go through the upgrade process which is basically an in-client process. Going through this in-client upgrade process is very necessary if you wish to recover the entire history of the conversation.
Learn to use the functions of “Skype version 8”
There are various features and functions in the latest version of Skype, but we are going to discuss a few of them and these are listed below.
Sending instant messages-
To send an instant message in version 8 on desktop, do the following:
- First of all, you have to go to its “Chat screen”.
- Here you have to select a name from the list of contacts or a group’s name that you wish to send the message.
- The chat window will appear.
- In this window, you have to type your message.
- After typing your message, hit the “Send” button to send your message to a specified contact.
Making a call in Skype version 8-
Using the call option is always free on Skype until and unless you are calling a Skype contact. But calling someone who is not on Skype, a person is required to have a Skype Credit or he should subscribe to a plan. To call someone on Skype, go through the following procedure:
- First of all, open the “Skype” app by tapping on its icon.
- Now, navigate to the “contacts” option and find whom you wish to call.
- After selecting the contact, tap on the button which looks like the “audio call” button.
- To make the video call, click on the “video call” icon.
- If you wish to disconnect or hang up the ongoing, simply tap on the “end call” button.
Turn a chat into a call-
- Open the chat window of the person you wish to call.
- On top of the window, you will see options for “video call” and “audio call”.
- Select the desired option and enjoy free calling services.
To sum up-
Microsoft is continuously announcing updates to its apps, based on customer requests and feedback. You can check out for updates on Microsoft’s official website or visit office.com/setup. Here you can leave your suggestions and provide the team with the feedback so that they can continue to make such improvements.